Who am I?
I solve problems. I am an experienced paramedic educator working for one of the best 911 agencies in the country; I develop websites and web applications as a freelancer; I occasionally take photos, and I always view life as an adventure.
My goal in life is to glorify God by working hard, working well, and making a genuine difference in people's lives. If I can help you through my skill set, please let me know.
I've never been one to stop learning and growing. I aspire to be a quiet professional: giving my work 100% and letting its excellence speak for itself.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."Robert A. Heinlein
I currently work as Clinical Instructor/Paramedic 3 at Cypress Creek EMS, a busy suburban/urban 911 provider in Northwest Harris County, Texas. We consistently lead the country in clinical excellence, research, STEMI and trauma care, and community outreach. As a member of the Clinical/Education department, I am responsible for supporting our mission through data analysis, quality (QA/QI), continuing education development, and teaching our EMT-Basic and Paramedic classes. I also work in the street as an In-Charge Paramedic and Field Supervisor and am on our nationally recognized Bicycle EMS team.
I've been involved with EMS education since 2010, and currently teach the following:
- NAEMT AMLS (Advanced Medical Life Support) Affiliate Faculty
- NAEMT PHTLS (Prehospital Trauma Life Support)
- NAEMT TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care)
- AHA ACLS-EP (Advancd Cardiac Life Support Experienced Provider) Course Director
- AHA PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- AHA BLS/CPR (Basic Life Support and CPR)
- PEPP (Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals) Course Coordinator)
- Texas certified EMS Instructor
- NAEMSE Level II instructor
- Nationally Registered EMT-Paramedic
- Texas certified EMT-Paramedic
- ATLS Audit
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol)
- IPMBA EMS Cyclist and Bicycle Rapid Response Team (BRRT) certified
- Basic Structural Firefighter (expired) and HAZWOPPER
- Extensive technical rescue training and experience
- SAR training and experience
- National Association of Police Diving Special Response Diver
- NIMS ICS 100,200,300,400,700,800
- TX EMTF Ambulance Strike Team Leader
- TX EMTF Ambulance Staging Manager
- TX EMTF Medical Incident Support Team (MIST) Member
- CSS & SASS
- SQL Server/TSQL
- Crystal Reports
- Amazon Web Services