Who am I?
I solve problems. I am an experienced paramedic working for one of the best 911 agencies in the country; I develop websites and web applications as a freelancer; I occasionally take photos, and I always view life as an adventure.
My goal in life is to glorify God by working hard, working well, and making a genuine difference in people's lives. If I can help you through my skill set, please let me know.
I've never been one to stop learning and growing. I aspire to be a quiet professional: giving my work 100% and letting its excellence speak for itself.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.Robert A. Heinlein
I currently work as an In-Charge Paramedic/P2 at Cypress Creek EMS, one of the best 911 emergency medical systems in the country. We consistently lead the country in clinical excellence, research, STEMI and trauma care, and community outreach. As an in-charge paramedic, I'm the senior member of an ambulance crew in a busy suburban/urban area of Northwest Harris County. I'm also involved in education, research, and the Bicycle EMS team.
I work at Cypress Creek EMS, one of the best 911 emergency medical systems in the country, working in a busy suburban/urban area of northwest Harris County, TX. We consistently lead the country in clinical excellence, research, STEMI and trauma care, and community outreach. My job title is Clinical Specialist, which reflects a variety of responsibilities including teaching EMT, Paramedic, and Continuing Education classes, conducting clinical research, and providing data analysis and reports. I also work as the senior paramedic on our ambulances, and am an active member of our bicycle EMS team.
I've been involved with EMS education since 2010, and currently teach the following:
- NAEMT AMLS (Advanced Medical Life Support) Course Coordinator
- NAEMT PHTLS (Prehospital Trauma Life Support) instructor
- NAEMT TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Course) instructor
- ITLS instructor
- AHA ACLS-EP (Advancd Cardiac Life Support Experienced Provider) instructor
- AHA PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) instructor
- AHA BLS/CPR (Basic Life Support and CPR) instructor
- PEPP (Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professional) Coordinator
- Nationally Registered EMT-Paramedic
- Texas certified EMT-Paramedic
- Flight Paramedic-Certified (FP-C) through BCCTPC
- ATLS Audit
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol)
- IPMBA EMS Cyclist
- IPMBA BRRT (Bicycle Rapid Response Team)
- Basic Structural Firefighter (expired) and HAZWOPPER
- Extensive technical rescue training and experience
- SAR training and experience
- National Association of Police Diving Special Response Diver
- NIMS ICS 100,200,300,400,700, 800
- Ambulance Strike Team Leader
I work on a freelance basis designing web sites and web applications. Pricing available on request and on a case-by-case basis. My experience lies heavily in custom, from-scratch PHP applications and custom Wordpress websites.
- CSS & SASS