These books have been helpful in my professional growth; bolded titles had the most impact and carry my highest recommendation.
Personal Growth (Know Yourself)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. Key principles to live effectively.
- High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard. Another great resource for living effectively.
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath. Useful to figure out what you are good at.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen Key tactics & principles for personal organization and time management.
- Chasing Excellence by Ben Bergeron. Exceptional book on how to get better and how to develop others.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear. Best book out there on how to build good habits.
- Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday Great book on how to be humble.
- Widen the Window by Elizabeth Stanley. Super helpful resource for dealing with trauma, stress, and mental health.
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday. Gives perspective on dealing with hardship and challenges.
- Grit by Angela Duckworth. Good book on building grit and stick-to-it-iveness.
- Deep Work by Cal Newport Game changing book on how to produce higher-quality work in less time. HIGHLY recommended.
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon*
- The Third Door by Alex Banayan
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Peak by Anders Ericsson. A definitive book on deliberate practice.
- Ultralearning by Scott H. Young. Best single resource on effective learning strategies.
Managing and Strategy
- High Output Management by Andy Grove. Single best management book I’ve found.
- The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker. A classic resource on leadership and strategy.
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Great by Choice by Jim Collins
- Built to Last by Jim Collins